Youngest child hoopin' --Go Double 0
10 Tips for Sticking With Your Fitness Routine.
- Work out with a partner, particularly a very good friend that you enjoy spending time with
- Define goals and keep track of your progress (this works really well if you're the goal-oriented type, obviously)
- Reward yourself when you achieve milestones in your goals
- Tell people - if you make it public, there are more people to keep you from slacking off, plus now your pride is involved. You don't want people to think you can't do it, right?
- Find a routine that you enjoy - if you don't like to run, don't start off with running. Maybe swimming is more enjoyable.
- If you're the social type, choose a team sport as part of your fitness routine
- Have distractions like an i-pod with music you love
- Multi-task. If a brisk walk is your thing, try praying while you walk
- If you're stuck in a rut, switch up your routine. Always start your jog around the lake in one direction? Try going the opposite way. This one can have surprising results. I used to run 1.5 miles every day in the same direction. Tried it the opposite way one day and HATED it. The whole run felt wrong. But this might work for you, or it might make you appreciate the comfort of your boring routine, after all.
- Always work out at the same time. Make it a habit and you'll stick to it. Vary it, and you might just find yourself skipping it.