Tuesday, January 15, 2013

10 on Tuesday

Youngest child hoopin' --Go Double 0
 
Well, today's 10 on Tuesday is not a topic that really thrills me, but here goes, in no particular order:

10 Tips for Sticking With Your Fitness Routine.

  1. Work out with a partner, particularly a very good friend that you enjoy spending time with
  2. Define goals and keep track of your progress (this works really well if you're the goal-oriented type, obviously)
  3. Reward yourself when you achieve milestones in your goals
  4. Tell people - if you make it public, there are more people to keep you from slacking off, plus now your pride is involved.  You don't want people to think you can't do it, right?
  5. Find a routine that you enjoy - if you don't like to run, don't start off with running.  Maybe swimming is more enjoyable.
  6. If you're the social type, choose a team sport as part of your fitness routine
  7. Have distractions like an i-pod with music you love
  8. Multi-task.  If a brisk walk is your thing, try praying while you walk
  9. If you're stuck in a rut, switch up your routine.  Always start your jog around the lake in one direction?  Try going the opposite way.  This one can have surprising results.  I used to run 1.5 miles every day in the same direction.  Tried it the opposite way one day and HATED it.  The whole run felt wrong.  But this might work for you, or it might make you appreciate the comfort of your boring routine, after all.
  10. Always work out at the same time.  Make it a habit and you'll stick to it.  Vary it, and you might just find yourself skipping it.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! Switching things up helps me a lot, especially when I get bored...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting. I was just thinking this morning, "No one will probably ever read this blog." And, it's my birthday today. Sorry it took so long to publish your comment, but I didn't even realize it was there until 10 minutes ago...I'll be adding your blog to my regular reads. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...