|Happy Valentine's Day|
Uh-oh. I'm in trouble with this topic. I've pretty much loathed the whole concept of Valentine's Day since entering adulthood. Now, when I was a child, it was a different story. I have lots of fond memories of childhood Valentine's Day. But once I entered high school, it was pretty much over, at least as far as the romantic idea is concerned. Since we don't "do" Valentine's Day in a romantic sense chez nous, I think I'll concentrate more on how to celebrate this day with the kids, with maybe a tiny romance thrown in here and there.
- Wake them up for school singing a sweet sappy song like "I love you a bushel and a peck"...High schoolers really appreciate this one.
- Pull out the scrapbooking supplies and scrap it up
- Make a home-made card for all your loved ones (okay, this can be romantic, too)
- Date Night. Need I say more?
- Go for a walk with your beloved somewhere beautiful and quiet. Hold hands.
- Buy big heart-shaped boxes of candy for your dear ones. The good stuff, please.
- Play your favorite ballads - All. Day. Long.
- Candlelight dinner, anyone?
- Indulge in a viewing of your favorite romantic comedy. Mine? Just Friends. Ryan Reynolds at his best. Gotta love the little brother.
- Barbara Cartland marathon read?
Well, I may not have done a very good job with this one, but why don't you hop on over to Carole Knits and try it yourself?