Thursday, February 14, 2013

Am I Blue?

Okay, so day one of the Lenten fast from coffee and I already almost blew it!  I'm such a creature of habit.  I started a big ole pot of coffee and had the milk poured ready to be warmed in the microwave when it hit me, "Wait, I gave up coffee for Lent."  Insert head smack.

Well, the oldest son likes a cup for his morning commute, so it won't go to waste. 

On the knitting front, have cast on and started mom's birthday socks.  This time I'm going with garter rib (simple 2-row repeat pattern) and same old sock formula.  The below picture was from 2 days ago, so the sock has actually grown somewhat.  It's almost time to start the heel flap.

Knitpicks Stroll Fingering weight yarn

Blue Yonder socks commence
 
The sock mojo is back with a vengeance.  My goal for this year is to knit two pairs a month.  They will all be destined for family members. 
 
I received more yarn in the mail today and will probably cast on for a cushy cowl knit in soft bulky weight yarn.  It will be my own pattern and I will write it up and post it when I've completed it.  Maybe this time I'll be smart and write it as I knit instead of waiting until I'm done and scratching my head trying to figure out exactly what I did.
 
Started watching a new PBS series (well, new for me, anyway) yesterday.  It's another in the International Mystery series.  This one is about a Finnish private eye.  I like it so far.   That Finnish is the most unusual language I've ever heard.   Fascinating.  I can usually pick out a word or phrase in other languages, even Swedish, but not so with Finnish.    The opening shots of Finland are gorgeous. 
 
I guess that's enough prattle for today.  More tomorrow?  God willing.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting on my blog as now I get to read your blog too. I have to say all your beautiful yarns are very impressive. I have lots of sock yarns but havent been knitting many socks lately but I will have to start again I think. The stripes are calling my name and dont take too long to knit up. I am thinking I might knit some for an easter pressie for my daughter. How does the Knit Picks sock yarn knit up. We cant get it over here which is so annoying as it looks so nice when other people show it in all the different colors. I hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, so lovely of you to reply to my comment. I went a long time neglecting the sock knitting but then took it back up quite recently and am definitely feeling the love again. Looking forward to seeing your next sock spring to life on your blog. Easter socks for the daughter sounds good to me. She always seems to really love the items you knit for her. As for Knit Picks sock yarn, it is a decent yarn for the price. The colors really are lovely, I think that's the best thing about it. It knits up nicely and wears very well. It's not your luxurious, springy yarn, but you can't beat the price if you love the sock knitting as much as I do... It does have a tendency to pill after a while, but nothing I can't live with. I hope you'll drop by again sometime. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...