- I hate to shop at Malls, so it delights me to no end when the shops I have to visit in person at the dreaded Mall are located right next to/across from each other so as to make the time I have to spend there as short as possible. And when one of the stores is "See's Candies", that eases the pain even more.
- Writing knitting patterns is hard. It's hard because I don't notice that I'm leaving out important steps simply because they come so automatically, I don't think to write them down.
- I haven't read a book in several weeks. I think it's time for a cozy mystery. Now if I can just remember what I did with the one I was in the middle of, that would be super.
- I hate doing taxes, even though we don't have the most complex financial situation, so they are very straightforward. It's the time investment I think I resent the most.
- I am enjoying Downton Abby way more than I should be. I mean, it's just TV. But I spend a significant amount of time thinking about it after I've watched it. I think I need to get a grip.
- Having started a new sock, this time from the toe up, I realize that I prefer any number of cast-ons to the short row cast-on. I think it's because I dislike having to use too many tools and having transitions from one thing to another when I knit. With the short row cast-on, first there's finding a crochet hook. Then finding a suitable waste yarn. Then unzipping chain and placing stitches on the needles. Not to mention all that wrapping, double-wrapping, and turning.
- Another guilty TV viewing pleasure: Mob Wives. There's just something about those mobbed up gals that I can't resist. Perhaps it's the train wreck syndrome. The language is very offensive, despite the bleeps, but I still watch. They certainly know how to express themselves in the most direct fashion. And I'm fascinated by the fact that they all have enormous fake boobs. I mean over the top enormous...What possesses a group of women to do that?
- I'm really looking forward to the high school swim season. I thoroughly enjoyed the basketball season, but there's something about watching the youngest glide powerfully through the water that transports me. He is one talented little fish.
- Speaking of swimming, why is it that the first in-pool practice is nearly always the coldest/rainiest day of the season? And why does it almost invariably follow a week of gorgeous Spring-like weather?
- Giving up coffee for Lent already hurts. I miss it so much.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Inspired by Knitnana
In the absence of 10 on Tuesday this week, I think I'll take a page from Knitnana's book and do my own Random Tuesday list. You can follow the link to the right if you would like to see her list. I recommend it.