Monday, February 18, 2013

Most Romantic Character Ever...

Thought I'd join the Tuesday Coffee chat (see button on right sidebar, if you're interested.)  The first character that popped in to my head was Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights, so I'll stick with it.  I don't read romances these days, gave those up in high school, and most romantic movies I find so dull and sappy I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch one.  Romantic comedies are okay, however.  So, you can see that my choices are rather limited.  Anyway, that's about all I have to say on the subject.  Better luck next time, maybe.

2 comments:

  1. That was the first thing that popped into my head too. What do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heathcliff is certainly a fascinating study. He has both heroic (romantic) and villain qualities.
    When I first read the book, naturally his passionate love for Catherine seemed so incredible. But by the second half, we know it was ultimately all consuming also. He basically destroys everyone around him.
    Even still, his character is just so mesmerizing, that you cannot help but have feels for him.
    Thanks for joining me on the chat today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...