Saturday, March 9, 2013

Designing Women

Spring in Your Step Socks - the beginning
 
My sister came over today to do her taxes.  We decided to use H&R Block download this year.  Turned out to be a big mistake.  First of all you need to know that my sister and I are sort of like the blind leading the blind or "dumb and dumber" when it comes to technical stuff.  Let's just say things didn't work out and leave it at that. 

So on to plan B: buy the CD from Amazon and do them the old fashioned way like we did last year.  Not looking forward to doing this all over again, let me tell you. 

To console myself, I will be completing the design for the socks pictured above and uploading to my Ravelry store next week.  If you are a knitter, please visit my "free patterns" page and help yourself to any of the designs you find there.

Besides the taxes fiasco, I spent my morning at youngest son's first swim meet.  Well, pre-season meet really.  He looked pretty good in his events.  Saw some familiar faces, most welcome, some not so much.  I think his team overall is going to get smashed this season, but as long as he does well, I will be happy.  The sister and I also attended a few innings of the JC baseball game of a friend of my oldest son.  He wasn't pitching, so that was a bummer.  But we got to catch up with our friends, so that was good. 

In other news, I have a wicked spider bite on my left forearm.  We're keeping a careful eye on it, but so far it looks normal, if a little inflamed.  Bites or punctures of any kind are a concern for me now due to the lack of lymph nodes (thank you, Cancer) which leads to lymphedema.  I was very fortunate for the first 18 mos. after the surgery, but I have been battling lymphedema big time in my right arm for the past year now.  So far, the left arm has faired better.  Hope this doesn't trigger it to swell like the right.  I had a double mastectomy, and there are no nodes left, so I'm expecting it's only a matter of time, but I'm hoping to prevent it as long as possible.

Anyhoo, enough of that subject, eh?

Well, be seeing you soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...