Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Wonder What the Kids Are Up To Today?

Another fine list of thinking points on the Hodgepodge today, courtesy of Joyce.  There's an open invitation to join in.  Just sayin'.  Now, let's get cracking:


1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?

I'm happy to report that Spring is a lamb in my part of the world.  Complete with wagging tail, and I LOVE it.

 2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list?  Do you have a 'plan of attack'?

I dread them all.  I like a clean, uncluttered space, but I loathe the process for getting there.  My most dreaded task, if I had to pick one, would probably be the garage, due to the sheer volume of accumulated crap stuff it contains.  It's definitely a weekend sink-hole job clearing it out and carving some order from the chaos that currently reigns.  Plan of attack?  What plan of attack?  We don't need no stinking plan of attack!

 3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em?  What's a favorite dish you make using peas?

Hate the canned variety, okay with the fresh kind.  A favorite dish I make with them is a lovely chicken and paneer curry dish.

 4.  Do you feel under appreciated?

Truly, never.  In large part due to the fact that my children and husband, indeed my whole extended family, are a very loving bunch and they express their appreciation in myriad ways.  Added to that, I am not a person who needs a lot of kudos or thanks.  I do what I do because I want to; whether anyone else notices is pretty much irrelevant to me.

 5. Have you been using Google Reader?  If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement?  If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?

I'm not even sure what that is, as embarrassing as that is to admit.  How do I read my faves?  I just bookmark them and click the links when I feel like catching up.  Some I do have the RSS feed on my own blog for, so they update automatically.  Is this Google Reader, perhaps, and I just don't know it?

 6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;  if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." 

Agree or Disagree?  Why?

Agree, but it's taken me a lifetime to get to that point.  I don't relish suffering of any kind (just one of many things that differentiate me from the Saints, sadly) and so I tend to want everything to be joy, joy, joy, all the time.  However, having been through some truly anguish-filled times, I can tell you personally that growth happens during these times, and there is nothing sweeter than the taste of joy after the darkness of sorrow.  Even during the suffering times, you have an appreciation of the goodness of things that are often overlooked.  Everything becomes precious when you are close to losing it all.

 7.  When did you last 'spring for something'?  What was it?

I treated the boys to a shopping spree last week and sprang for it all.  Ay caramba.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here?

Over the past several weeks the boys and I have been delighting in the little frolicking goats (we get an unreasonable kick out of referring to them as "the kids") that we see on our way to and from school.  The school is located right next to a small ranch and those little kids are cute as the dickens.  They jump for joy, little tails a-wagging.  You can't help but smile to watch them.  As we round the corner that brings them into view after school, the boys usually ask, "I wonder what the kids are up to today?" 

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your thoughts on all those timely issues.
    Last thing I sprang for: Buying Blackhawk tickets for my son today for a game next week. its a BIG spring...but he's worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dread cleaning too, but someone's gotta do it! Our garage is a nightmare, though we're lucky enough to fit two cars in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you read on your Blogger sidebar that is not the same thing as Google Reader. You should be okay. Nothing is changing with blogger, google is just getting rid of their reader.

    I'm reading blogs when I could be cleaning. I like clean, just not all the stuff I have to do to get there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goats sound so cute. I feel similar to your answer for #5 often. So glad I've met such helpful people here in blogland :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...