Monday, March 4, 2013

Playing in the Stash


Gotta love Knit Picks

Spent some more time today photographing the yarn stash.  I'm almost halfway done, but I wish I was completely done.  It's a chore hauling it all out of the closet where it is (mostly) contained.  And then having to shlep it back in there.  I have no idea where I'm going to put the latest yarn acquired.  I wasn't supposed to be buying any more.  Okay, so the yarn diet starts now.  This time I mean it.  Even sock yarn.  Gasp. 

My plan is to get it all up on Ravelry, complete with pics so I won't have to rummage around in the closet next time I'm considering a project.  I still need to get the magazines updated in my Ravelry library, but I do have all the books there at least, which is huge.  This will hopefully make the process of matching a yarn with a project much easier.

The free sock pattern is nearly complete.  I'm test knitting it myself at the moment to make sure the instructions make sense, then I will put it up on Ravelry and link to my free patterns page.

Completed in time for Mom's birthday


Close up of the "eye of partridge" heel flap
Close up of toes and top of foot. 
 The garter stitch pattern looks a bit like lace in this pic, but it is not. Those are not lacy holes, they are purl stitches.  You can see them a bit better in the photo below:

Close up of the cuff and leg portion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...