Thursday, April 4, 2013

Apparently, I've Done Some Stuff...

Whew.  It's been a week.  Here's a brief look at some of the things that I managed to accomplish since my last post.  Warning, picture heavy:

Any knitters a-visiting, please feel free to visit my "Free Patterns" page and download a copy of my Spring In Your Step socks.  If you knit a pair, please let me know how you liked it, and let me know where I can view a picture.

Attended youngest son's swim meet.  Here he is, "flying" thru the water.
The clematis vine is growing vigorously.  Any day now, those tight little buds will be in full bloom.  I love this vine.  I think I'll plant two more in the courtyard this season.
Speaking of planting, the husband and I finally got to spend some quality time with the front yard and put these containers in.  We moved the stone bench from the courtyard to the front as well.  It looks much better there.
This little beast did not co-operate.  I am now fully reminded of why I prefer to knit seamless creations.  This is my first attempt at a saddle-shoulder, knit in pieces and seamed.  What a mistake.  This is not my pattern, I'm following a pattern from More Big Girl Knits.  I had my doubts about whether or not I could pull off the amount of seaming required on this thing, but it's been a while since I completed a seamed project, and I thought it was time I met the challenge.  Why don't I ever listen to that little voice inside that says, "BAD IDEA."?  Now you know why it's been languishing in the wip pile since forever...
This poor little strawberry plant has proven itself very resilient.  The herbs I planted at the same time have long since perished, but this little warrior is bearing fruit.  Three little berries are currently present.  Perhaps if I nurse it, it will bear more.
I wasn't sure the Spring In Your Step sock pattern was error-free, so I knit another pair to test the pattern.  I gave them to the sister-in-law on Easter Sunday.  
Imagine my delight when I spied these lovelies at Costco yesterday.  I've been scouring our local nurseries to try and find them, but with no luck so far.  They were the first thing I saw when I entered Costco and I may have made a spectacle of myself admiring them.  I splurged on three and will try to get them planted this weekend.  They are, of course, Princess Lilies.
I've designed a new pair of socks, and will have the pattern available in my Ravelry store within the week (fingers crossed.)
 
Oh, and the husband's baptism -- AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...