Friday, April 12, 2013

Clematis Blooming and Another Pair of Socks

 My dearies are finally opening up.  Wish I could capture the true color of this little gem.  Although it appears red in these photos, it is actually a very deep purplish color.  I don't remember the variety any more, though.  They were planted several years ago.
 Yesterday, all the dwarf princess lilies were introduced to their permanent (fingers crossed) homes:

And the trinity of strawberries continues its journey towards ripeness:
My latest sock design is now complete, but the finished product is not photographing very well.  I'm going to try and get the sister over here to be a model for them and see if that works better.  In the meantime, this is what they look like:


The yarn is so lovely.  Again, the color in person is so much richer, more like deep berry than the pink above.  The yarn is Mountain Colors bearfoot, darned if I know the name of the color, since the label has gone into hiding for the moment.  I'm sure it will turn up eventually.  If I had a nickel for every time I've said that... I really enjoyed working with this yarn.  Knits up beautifully.  I've got a few tweaks to make to the pattern before I post it.  I think this one will be for sale in my Ravelry store rather than free this time.

While I intend to continue my sock knitting and see where the mojo takes me, I think I need to design something besides socks.  I feel a baby sweater coming on, I think.   I also need to work some more on mom's sweater.  I've neglected it in favor of the socks and work on the container garden, but that needs to stop here and now. 

And now to tend to the tedious task of laundry.  (Couldn't resist the alliteration...)  Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Spring. Posts like yours make me hopeful. So darn cold here in Chicago..we are catching up on rainfall and that is needed I suppose

    LOVE mountain colors..always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...