Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In Need of a Diversion...Wait, Hodgepodge to the Rescue!

Oh, sweet columbines

1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income tax returns.  What's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?

I consider all housework taxing...
 2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge, and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on Day O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?

I think olives would have to be my favorite, although onions comes in a very close second.  The other two?  I'll pass, thanks.  I am particularly fond of green olives and kalimatas, especially in pasta salads.

 3.  What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?

It is shocking sometimes to contemplate just how many of my childhood experiences will not be shared by the coming generations.  We've advanced(?) so much in just the past 50 years...The first thing to spring to mind is watching the lunar landing on a black and white TV with rabbit ears rather than digital cable...

 4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?

Oy vay...
 5. On April 18th, 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'...when did you last make a midnight ride?  Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.

My last midnight ride was several years ago.  We were planning to drive the kids to Disneyland the next day, but on the spur of the moment we decided to wake them in the middle of the night and start the adventure early.  Loved it.
 6.  What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?

The mouse, most definitely.  The idea of a rodent in my house, possibly crawling over my dishes and food items in the pantry and crapping in my cupboards stresses me beyond belief.  Funny story: about a month ago the husband and I were standing in the kitchen conversing, our large, fluffy cat at our feet waiting to be fed, when what should flash across the floor where we were standing?  A FREAKING MOUSE, that's what!  I don't know which of us was more stunned, husband, me, or the cat.  You should have seen her dive across the floor after it.  As unbelievably fast as she was, she still missed it.  It vanished into a crack under the floorboards that was undetectable to human eye.  Within 5 minutes, we had the mousetraps set.  I'm happy to report that we had a dead mouse in the trap within 2 days.  It never made it into the cupboards, just in the wall behind them, thank God.  

 
7. I love it when people ask me________________________?

What I'm knitting.




 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm not sure what I find more repellent: the monstrosity of Kermit Gosnell or the almost complete lack of coverage of this case by the mainstream media.  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to know how many people reading your random thought are wondering who Kermit Grosnell is. The lack of coverage has been blowing up the Twitter feed...I admit I hadn't heard about it until I saw something on twitter and went to read for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your answer on housework and the older I get the more taxing it is! The world is ever changing and the things from the past were actually amazing and fun discoveries. I had to google Kermit Grosnell since I don't watch the news or read any papers. Sounds like a horrible man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a knitter too ... I love that question :) Or when someone asks me how to knit :)

    Rabbit ears... kids today wouldnt have a CLUE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised how many people love olives. What a fun reason for your midnight run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you completely/...spider over mouse any day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am a knitter as well as a crocheter. We have so many babies arriving that I can hardly keep up. Just order more wool today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...