Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's Creeping Up On Me

Just spent an hour or so turning the pages of middle son's high school yearbook.  He graduates in less than two weeks and it still hasn't quite sunk in.  High school years are so different from grade school.  They fly by at a highly accelerated pace, let me tell you.  They enter as Freshman still babies, and exit as young men and women, and although you never take your eyes off them, you don't know how it happens...I'm still recovering from his older brother's graduation last year and entry into college this Fall, and I'm not even close to coming to grips with this one. 

So, for a little distraction, I whipped up some home-made BB cream:



The benefits of making my own BB cream in addition to simplifying the process of applying my make-up (one product in one easy step instead of six separate products in six separate steps) is that I can adjust the color until I get the perfect match.  This I like.  I'm all about simple and quick: Dinners, housework, personal grooming.  I'm showered, dressed, and out the door within 20 minutes, tops.  It's one of the obstacles I have in my prayer life, though.  I tend to bring my make-it-quick attitude to that as well.  It's one of my biggest challenges, to learn to savor the time I spend in prayer or quiet contemplation of God.  I tend to rush it a lot of the time.  But I'm working on it, and He knows that.

I feel bad about missing yesterday's Wednesday Hodgepodge, but I didn't get on-line at all.  There was much gardening to do, which took almost the whole day.  Then an episode or two of "Dexter" and that was pretty much it.   I usually prepare my post on Tuesday, but this Tuesday was spent doing major de-cluttering around the house in preparation for our newest arrival, who will be joining the family this Saturday.  Yes, we've lost our minds and decided to take on a new puppy.  She's a Golden Lab, runt of the litter, and I'm told she has a sweet, mild temperament.  Her main attraction was that she was FREE.  Here's what she looks like:

 
I'll have better photos of her after we bring her home.  This one was sent from my cousin's i-phone.  I've told the boys they can name her.  The short list is Esme, Jain, Dexter, or Dutch.

We haven't told the cat yet...

1 comment:

  1. awww I cant wait for your puppy tails, tales

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...