Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Lady of the House


When I read this week's prompt for Ten on Tuesday (Carole Knits), at first I was excited.  I watch a lot of TV, and a lot of that is nostalgia TV, so I thought this was going to be a slam dunk.  Then I got to thinking about it and realized that I am just not that great with these lists overall.  Round about number 6 I run out of steam.  So I calmed down.  Never the less, here is my crack at 10 Favorite TV Moms...

  1. Laura Petrie from the "Dick Van Dyke show".  I love everything about this show.  Timeless and classy.  And Mary Tyler Moore in her younger days--wow. 
  2. Donna Reed from the "Donna Reed show".  What a sweetheart.
  3. June Cleaver from "Leave it to Beaver" - 'nuff said.
  4. Mrs. Cunningham from "Happy Days" - Haven't seen an episode of this show for years, but I'm sure she was a great mom.
  5. Mrs. Partridge  from "The Partridge Family" - not sure exactly why, but I just thought she was so sweet.
  6. Carol Brady from "The Brady Bunch" - duh...
  7. Roseanne Conner from "Roseanne" - even though she is such an obnoxious character, I have to admit some of the early episodes have me laughing pretty heartily.  Plus, she is totally screwed up in every way, but when it comes down to it she is totally there for her kids.
  8. Steve Douglas from "My Three Sons" - Hey, he has to be both father and mother to those boys, and he does a fine job, even though Uncle Charlie does all the heavy lifting on the domestic chores front...
  9. Katie Douglas from "My Three Sons" - She's what, about 19?  Takes on triplets and finishes her college degree?  And puts up with that pain in the a** husband Robbie?  And she's so darn cute and sassy.
  10. Kate Bradley from "Petticoat Junction" - Okay, Kate is my number one favorite.  That lady had it going on.  Sharp as a tack, always doing the right thing, raising three lovely daughters and putting up with that horrid Uncle Joe.  And her sense of humor?  Never failed her.
Whew.  Made it.  Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with...

3 comments:

  1. Love your list especially the MY THREE SONS addition!

    THe knitpicks debacle was credit card hacking related....:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. really discovering a lot of new moms through this lol . those cookies make me jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Loved Petticoat Junction!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...