10 Things You Did This Weekend:
1. Spent a lot of time with this little thing:
|I will not get attached to this puppy...|
2. Ran around on Saturday running last minute errands in preparation for Second Son's High School graduation.
3. Attended said graduation on Sunday. Got there wicked early to grab a good seat and then sat back and thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony. So proud of this one. He knows who he is.
4. Celebrated said graduation with a family dinner. All my favorite and cherished loved ones together breaking bread, what can be better?
5. Took SO MANY PICTURES...
6. Knit a bit on the plain old vanilla socks. Discovered that while I still love the colors and knitted fabric of Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn, I find it easy to split stitches if I'm not careful. Not crazy about that.
7. Watched TV
8. Drank some wine.
9. Began crate training for the sweet pup. She is getting too attached and needs to learn how to be alone for a bit without freaking out. Oh, and also that she is NOT allowed on the couch. Anymore.
10. Finally made a meal that went over well with ALL the members of the household. Not one complaint. They even asked for seconds. I can't tell you how rare and sweet this is. Usually, I can please one or more with any given home-cooked meal, but pleasing all 4 of them is nearly impossible. The magic meal: Fried Quinoa cakes and shrimp tacos with garlic lemon sauce. This will be a good one for next Lenten season, God willing.
You know, I didn't do that much this weekend and I loved every minute of it...