Ten Reasons Why I Knit:
- I enjoy creating things. I consider it playing for my grown-up self.
- Knitting helps pass the time and keeps me from growing impatient and bad-tempered in waiting rooms, the DMV, or any time I have to wait for something for an extended period. I am not known for my patience around these parts...
- I love the way yarn feels before, during, and after it is knit. The tactile pleasure I get from touching my knitting cannot be overstated.
- I love the colors and color combinations that unfold from the promise of an unknit skein to the finished item.
- I enjoy exercising my brain trying to figure out a new way or a more efficient or elegant way to accomplish a new technique or style element.
- I love that I can make something from a ball of string and two sticks that someone I love will cherish because it is beautiful and comes from my hands.
- Knitting is a form of prayer for me. My knitting time is time I can use to contemplate the Almighty and be grateful to Him for giving me the gift of this lovely hobby. I can knit prayers into items I'm working on and sing songs of joy and gladness, thanks and praise, while I knit.
- I can knit chemo caps or similar items that bring comfort to people enduring great sorrow and anguish.
- Knitting allows me to use my God-given talents for something useful and beautiful.
- I love that knitting can be challenging and complex or simple, brainless, and soothing depending on my emotional or mental needs.
Man, that really was harder than I thought it would be. Tag, you're it!