Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another Ride on the Hodgepodge Merry-Go-Round


This week's hodgepodge (link in sidebar) has me realizing I am boring...


1. What's one thing that's still the same about you as when you were young?

I'm still very shy and uncomfortable in large groups of people where I don't know anyone.
 2. What's more important-history or science? Why?

History, because it is about people.
 3. Lima, kidney, string, garbanzo, black or pinto-your favorite bean?

Probably pinto.
 4. What's something people come to your town to do?

Attend the annual Art and Wine festival.
 5. When was the last time you were in a meeting? Sum it up for us in five words or less.

Two years ago -- parent rep on anti-bullying team.
 6. What special event would you like a VIP pass to attend?

Can't think of a single event I want to be a VIP at...

 7. What's one piece of advice you'd give a writer?
Be genuine and kind.  Write about people from a place of compassion always and make sure your dialogue is real.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I miss the red hawk that used to hang out in the fields I drive by in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. On our recent drive to Florida we saw many single hawks over the roads. It was quite amazing to see! Reminds me of God's greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hawks are so neat! I like the advice you would give to a writer. I enjoy going to art festivals and seeing all kinds of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art and Wine Festival... sounds like a perfect event for me.

    Oh, yes. Dialogue. I find writing realistic dialogue a challenge at times.

    Sorry about the red hawk. I, too, enjoy the presence of birds. There are quite a few that visit our garden, building nest and eating our red currants and blackberries. They pay me in birdsong each morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW i would miss that red hawk too. My good knit buddy Karen hears an owl by her and I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...