Monday, March 24, 2014

Raising Adult Children is Hard

Still life with socks
 
There's been a lot of knitting around here lately, which is a good thing, because there's also been a bunch of not so good stuff to deal with, and I've needed the consolation of the rhythm of the needles.   Been throwing a bit of a pity party for myself, too, I freely admit.  Not going to drag anyone down with all the depressing deets, just suffice it to say that the transition from childhood to adulthood is not going as smoothly as I would like for my oldest son.  We'll all get through it, I have no doubt, but it is no fun at the moment. 
 
And now for something completely different:
 
The mismatched socks above were originally started for youngest son's girlfriend.  Once I realized they would be mismatched, plans changed.  They are now residing in youngest son's sock drawer, and he has no complaints about their mismatched nature.
 
 
Youngest son has been providing lots of excitement around here.  His high school basketball team has won the Northern Californian Division 4 championship and are playing for the state title against Southern California this coming Saturday.  We are so excited and proud of this young team.  There are no Seniors on the team.  The oldest player is a Junior.  The entire remainder of the team are Freshmen and Sophomores.  Quite an accomplishment. 
 
 



 I plan on spending tomorrow doing some finishing and blocking for a lot of the WIPs that have been hanging around here for some time.  I'll try and get a photo shoot together as well. 
 
On the designing front, I have an idea for a waterfall cardigan that I'm itching to get started. 
 
I've begun attending my parish's women's knitting/crocheting group.  My last three finished items will be donated to the group for sale benefitting various charities.  I already donated two hats last week, including one I designed myself which I (of course) forgot to photograph before I donated it. 
In addition to the waterfall cardigan, I have an idea for a hat/gloves combo in fair isle pattern and will be starting some hat/scarf and hooded scarves for donation as well.  Busy, busy. 
 
On the gardening front, I ordered beaucoup ivy geraniums for the front pots, a climbing pink rose, and am dreaming about some heirloom tomato plants and strawberries for this Spring.  I LOVE this season, especially here in the Bay Area, where the weather is so lovely.
 
And our new puppy should be born some time over the next three weeks or so.  Another joyful event to look forward to.
 
Well, that's all for now.  Will try to check in tomorrow.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I hope to see you here again soon. I'll visit you, too...